Welcome to the bobcat/anderson
Dear Tennis Community,
Due to the roofs collapsing in the North and South Gyms most of the Hosaeus Fitness Center at Montana State has been closed. There now is a need for space for classes that were housed there. For the rest of the Spring semester we will help by hosting a few classes in the Indoor Tennis Courts that were previously taught in the fitness center. This will help the students and faculty complete the required classes and curriculums. This will impact some playing time for the public and because of this it is time to update and enforce policies here at the Tennis Center.
We realize that courts are hard to reserve, but with the weather improving outdoor courts will be useable soon. This will impact the University for the next couple of years as we try to help Montana State students and faculty. We are appreciative of your patience and help as we put new policies in place and enforce current policies.
- 2 reservations or playing times (1.5 hours reservations) per membership per day during the Bobcat Tennis Team seasons (individual, couple, family)
- 3 reservations or playing times per membership per day out of Bobcat Tennis Team seasons
- A person/couple/family may only play 2 times in a day during the Bobcat season (3 hours max)
- A person/couple/family may only play 3 times in a day out of the Bobcat season
- Everyone must check in on the court. This is not new, but the front desk will stop play and have you check in/pay for the court.
- PAY and CHECK IN before you play!!! Again, if this doesn’t happen your play will be stopped, and you will have to check in and pay (even if you are late)
- Members may reserve courts 3 days in advance
- Non-members may reserve courts 2 days in advance
- All reservations are to be made by phone at 8am (reservations can be made in person at the desk at 8:30 am)
- Non-marking tennis shoes are required
- BATC will close for the day if there are no reservations for the rest of the day
- Couples memberships are limited too: married, engaged, living together, family members.
Tennis Lesson Policies
- There will be one court for teaching form the hours of 9am -noon, Monday thru Friday
- There will be two courts for teaching from 5:30pm – 8:30 pm, Monday thru Friday
- There will be one court for teaching 9am – noon on weekends
- There will be two courts for teaching noon until close on weekends
- Teaching Pros can reserve a court one day in advance if it is not filled by the public
- Teaching Pros are not allowed to teach a lesson when a client reserves a court
- Lessons from someone that is not approved by the BATC will not be tolerated. Lesson is defined as any money or anything of value exchanged, any feeding balls or any instruction given. This is only permissible from a non-approved BATC instructor if you are a parent or sibling of the person.
If you violate any of these policies, you will be given a strike. After your third strike you will be asked not to play at the Tennis Center for a time period determined by the BATC.
As the University continues its assessment of short term and long term usable recreational space, the availability of indoor and outdoor court time may change. We will communicate the latest updates as soon as it becomes available. We realize that this will be difficult for some of our tennis patrons and again we appreciate your patience and understanding as we deal with this situation.
The Bobcat/Anderson Tennis Center is located on the campus of Montana State University in beautiful Bozeman, MT. We strive to provide quality indoor tennis for the use of the student athletes at Montana State University and the Bozeman tennis community. Every effort is made to provide recreational court time, programs, special events, and first-rate instruction programs for juniors and adults. All proceeds made by the tennis center go directly towards the expense of maintaining the tennis facility.