The center is named for Marcia Anderson M.D. and her husband "Buck," who are long-time Gallatin Valley ranchers. Through Marcia Anderson's generous contributions the Bobcat Tennis Center provides quality year round facilities for MSU student-athletes and Bozeman tennis players of all ages.
The permanent structure houses 4 indoor courts and a 27,000 square-foot foundation, and replaces the previous bubble complex. The new state-of-the-art lighting and heating systems makes the Bobcat/Anderson Tennis Center the best indoor complex on a Big Sky Conference campus, and perhaps one of the finest facilities in the Northwest.
Our complex also includes 8 outdoor courts that serve for both college teams as well as for the Bozeman community.
The Center offers the following:
Access to indoor courts year-round
USPTA & PTR certified pros
Hourly rate: $40/court (Non-member)
Senior Discount of 20% available for ages 65 and over
Tennis Center Court Policies
1. Pay before you play. All players must sign in before heading to the courts. Play will be stopped on the court if someone has not checked in and paid.
2. All reservations are made by phone starting at 8 a.m. Reservations can be made up to three days in advance. No in person reservations will be allowed until 8:30 a.m. Only one reservation per call. Tennis patrons are limited to one reservation per day and can play twice a day.
3. Anyone can make a reservation if a court is open 24 hours in advance.
4. Cancellations are allowed up to 24 hours before a reserved court time. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before a scheduled court time will incur a $20 fine. You will not be allowed to play again until you pay your fine. There will be exceptions made for emergencies or drastic weather.
5. Non-marking tennis shoes are required.
6. The BATC will be closed for the day if there are no reservations for the remainder of that day.
Tennis Center Lessons Policies
1. There will be one court for teaching from 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday.
2. There will be two courts for teaching from 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Monday-Friday.
3. There will be one court for teaching from 9 a.m. to noon on the weekends.
4. There will be two courts for teaching from noon until close on the weekends.
5. Teaching pros can reserve a court one day in advance if it is not filled by the public.
6. Teaching pros are not allowed to teach a lesson when a client reserves the court.
7. Absolutely no teaching is allowed by someone who is not approved by the BATC. Violators may be banned from the BATC again.
*Policies are subject to change
Parking permits may be purchased for the MSU University Police and Parking Services.
Paid parking is also available on the first level of the Parking Garage located on West Grant Street.
SUMMER HOURS (JUNE - AUGUST)
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
FALL/WINTER/SPRING HOURS (SEPTEMBER - MAY)
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
We are open to the public 7 days a week.