Welcome to the bobcat/anderson
Bobcat Tennis Center Members and Bozeman Tennis Community,
Thank you for your continued patience while the university and tennis center plan new gym spaces following this winter’s loss of the gym roofs at the Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center. While it has been a trying time, it has also been rewarding to see people come together for the good of the university and our students.
Losing 60,000 square feet of gym space has created a significant need for indoor recreational space to continue to offer the classes that were taught in the gyms and to provide space for daily recreational activities. To accommodate the university’s needs, two temporary structures are being built, one of which is being erected over the outdoor tennis courts.
Losing the outdoor courts and the gym space has impacted many students, staff, and visitors of MSU. We anticipate that our remaining available court space will be in high demand as outdoor court activities move indoors to accommodate the needs of MSU students, tournaments, leagues and club tennis, among others.
To provide the most equitable solution for all tennis enthusiasts, we will cease to offer memberships to the Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center and instead charge hourly court fees. The court fees will begin September 1, 2019 and will cost $24 per court, per hour.
Existing memberships to the tennis center will be closed as of August 31, 2019. Those who have paid for annual memberships will receive a pro-rated refund. To verify refund amounts please check with Jared Burnham at the BATC or contact him at email@example.com or 994-6263.
The final day to purchase a monthly membership is August 1, 2019. Memberships will no longer be available after August 2019.
Tennis Center Court Policies
1. Pay before you play. All players must sign in before heading to the courts. Play will be stopped on the court if someone has not checked in and paid.
2. All reservations are made by phone starting at 8 a.m. Reservations can be made up to three days in advance. No in person reservations will be allowed until 8:30 a.m. Only one reservation per call. Tennis patrons are limited to one reservation per day and can play twice a day.
3. Anyone can make a reservation if a court is open 24 hours in advance.
4. Cancellations are allowed up to 24 hours before a reserved court time. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before a scheduled court time will incur a $20 fine. You will not be allowed to play again until you pay your fine. There will be exceptions made for emergencies or drastic weather.
5. Non-marking tennis shoes are required.
6. The BATC will be closed for the day if there are no reservations for the remainder of that day.
Tennis Center Lessons Policies
1. There will be one court for teaching from 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Friday.
2. There will be two courts for teaching from 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Monday-Friday.
3. There will be one court for teaching from 9 a.m. to noon on the weekends.
4. There will be two courts for teaching from noon until close on the weekends.
5. Teaching pros can reserve a court one day in advance if it is not filled by the public.
6. Teaching pros are not allowed to teach a lesson when a client reserves the court.
7. Absolutely no teaching is allowed by someone who is not approved by the BATC. Violators may be banned from the BATC again.
*All polices are subject to change
Director, Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center
The Bobcat/Anderson Tennis Center is located on the campus of Montana State University in beautiful Bozeman, MT. We strive to provide quality indoor tennis for the use of the student athletes at Montana State University and the Bozeman tennis community. Every effort is made to provide recreational court time, programs, special events, and first-rate instruction programs for juniors and adults. All proceeds made by the tennis center go directly towards the expense of maintaining the tennis facility.